The Caliph's House

Came across this blog while I was 'blog' surfing...one click led to another and I landed here.... dedicated to Morocco...Its a photo blog and while randomly browsing through the archives, the writer referred to a book - Yes, you guessed it right - The Caliph's House by Tahir ShahOrdered this book from Flipcart (*eyes rolling*)...yes the website is burning a hole in my pocket, and immediately got down to reading it. 

Its a wonderful wonderful book. It paints a vivid picture of the life in Morocco. About the writer's struggles to settle down, about the Jinn....yes :-).... about the locals, their idiosyncrasies and wise and not so wise happenings.... It also talks about the writer sticking it out there, when everything was against him. The exasperation of the author with his day to day dealings is well depicted. Some of the instances depicted in the book are actually hilarious. It also gives a message about complex problems having simply solutions!!!! At the end of it all, it will bring a smile to your face and make you dream of visiting Morocco...:-) atleast once!!!!

Review: 4/5, Recommended

3 comments:

  1. I am compiling a list of books that I want to order from flipkart and pick them up in this oct trip. I shall do this tooThanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn...I haven't shopped from Flipkart in ages. It is dangerous to the health of my credit card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should i buy it or borrow it from you!

    ReplyDelete