I have been reading a lot from Anita's Blog lately and must admit that I got bit by the baking bug. Hence over the previous weekend, decided to try out my first sample of chocolate biscuits / cookies... call them what you like :-P
Well this is what my first tray and sample looks like.
My key learnings from this baking experiment:
1. Do not use Ghee (or processed Ghee - in my case Amul Ghee): It left a slight salty taste on the edges.
2. Use a good measure of Baking soda (actually more than 1/4 teaspoon)
3. Try not to make plain chocolate cookies... some dry fruits or choco chips could add a different dimension.
4. Try baking more often....:-)
Receipe used for this baking experiment:
1. I dare not share it since the taste of the cookie was not something I was proud of.
2. The author might sue me :-P
Outcome of this experiment:
1. I praised my own baking to my mother and mother - in - law (since no one else was going to do it).
2. Hubby had half a cookie since he got a shock of how much sugar and "ghee" I had used.
Moral of the story:
1. Bake more.
2. Bake no more.
Think I will try the former :-)!!!!