Silver

I remember, in the november of 2005, 2nd year of my MBA course at Symbiosis, we had gone on a camping trip to Rajmachhi Fort. We reached the foot hills by around 9:00 PM and had to walk quite a distance to get into the village.... to the ground where we could camp. The walk was around 2-3 kilometers... crossing the plain, a plateau and river beneath. It was a full moon. We started walking and I could not contain my wonder.... every thing was so silent, so quite, so peaceful and so beautiful. A gentle breeze was flowing.... except for the stomping of tired feet there was no sound, no noise, nothing....
sometimes "nothing" sounds so wonderful....At that point of time, I vividly remember, that these very lines had popped in my head....

I had not been able to save the memory .....either in a video or a photagraph.... I have decided to quote the poem over here....just so that I remember what it was like..... :)

Hope to revisit the memory in some other form in the near future....


Silver by Walter De La Mare

Slowly, silently, now the moon

Walks the night in her silver shoon;
This way, and that, she peers, and sees
Silver fruit upon silver trees;
One by one the casements catch
Her beams beneath the silvery thatch;
Couched in his kennel, like a log,
With paws of silver sleeps the dog;
From their shadowy cote the white breasts peep
Of doves in silver feathered sleep
A harvest mouse goes scampering by,
With silver claws, and silver eye;
And moveless fish in the water gleam,
By silver reeds in a silver stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment